7.15.2011

Couch to 5K week 3 Day 2

So I changed my route. I found that the "killer hill" on the way back psychologically challenged me way too much. So Now I come home one road over. It still has a hill, but it is a gradual incline, not the short but intense 45 degree angle the other road has. I also figured that I can cut out the cul-de-sac that I go around because now I have to cut over one block (twice), and that is probably the same distance. I also think this route has more options for expansion as I run longer distances, I can weave my way from one street to another through the alleys and increase distance without having to go on main roads.

I didn't ruin as well as I has psyched myself up to. But I ran too hard right from the start. I need better pacing practice. I get excited and I run so hard that I can't finish the whole work out. I know I pushed too hard today because I felt nauseous part way through the first three minutes, and my shin hurts, and that only happens when I push too hard uphill.

Interval 1: 90 sec: ran completely
Interval 2: 3 min: ran 2:20
Interval 3: 90 sec: ran 75
Interval 4: 3 min: ran 60 sec

I try again on Monday. I think with the new route, and some speed discipline, I can do this!

No comments: