7.23.2011

WXPN Festival Day 1

The heat was brutal! Let's just say that when we got in the car at 9 pm, it said 100 degrees, and we felt like it was sooo much cooler than than it was in the afternoon!

We arrived early, big, huge, monster thanks to Effie for arranging so that the craft vendors could set up early rather than making us wait till 11 am!! So we got there at 9:30 and were set up and out by 11 am instead!

It was already hot, that kinda hot where you don't really think straight. We had stopped at Wal-Mart to get sodas and waters for the cooler, and I had cooled down enough to actually be hungry, but my brain still didn't function enough to think straight about where to eat.

We settled on Uno's because they have a gluten-free pizza and I figured C could get something that would give him leftovers to eat if he was hungry after the show. We were both only satisfied with the food. You would think for a girl that never gets pizza that I would be jumping for joy, but I wasn't. I ate it all, it was good, but not good enough for me to drive to the closest UNO's at home (30 min). Which is odd because I drive 45 for a Trader Joes, and 30 for good ice cream so I am not opposed to a long drive for awesome food.

Anyway, after lunch we headed back to the hotel. it let C do some work, and I took a nap and generally rested. About 4 we headed out, out gas in the car and arrived at the show just in time for opening.

It was hot. Personally I think anyone who came out to the show (this includes us...) was a little crazy. I had actually contemplated that morning not even setting up, and that is the first time ever that the heat made me wonder about doing a show. I have skipped due to crazy rain, and even snow, but never heat. Sales were actually better than i expected and after 7 when the sun was going down, the breeze was picking up, and the temperatures fell a few degrees, there were actually quite a few people walking around and exploring the festival.

At 9 pm when we left it was still 100 degrees according to the car, oddly we had just ben commenting about how much cooler it was feeling out. Guess we just had a skewed sense of temperature by then.

Got another day today, but Noon-9pm so we will have to tough out the hottest part of the day. C rigged up a great tarp set up for some shade, and i hope the breeze picks up some because right now the air is still and humid. Wish me luck :)

No comments: