7.02.2011

Kutztown Folk Festival- Day 1

OK, now I can truly say that all the jitters are gone. I have a day under my belt and now it will be all easy peasy from here. Sales were better than I expected them to be and the day was easier and more fun than I expected too. I met lots of new people and saw some friendly faces that I knew as well. It was a challenging but fulfilling day.

What have I learned so far....

Do wear shorts under your colonial skirt.. your legs will rub together, and you will be raw with out them...

Don't wear a t-shirt under your blouse. Contrary to your belief, it will not keep you from sweating through your blouse, so you can wear it twice. In fact it will make you sweat more...

It is fun to dress in costume, I wonder why I have waited so long to do it. It really does make you feel different, and the customers treat you differently as well.

It is not fun to go potty while wearing a skirt that has five yards of fabric in it. Enough said.

It is hard to recognize other crafters who are acquaintances when you are all in costume, and it is pretty embarrassing when it happens and you have no idea who they are.

Wear comfortable shoes.

********************************

On another note I haven't been running since Wednesday. I worked out on the Wii on Thursday but Friday I took off because of the set up, and Saturday had an air quality alerts and I don't run when I know I just have trouble breathing normally. Today it is raining... But I will get back on the wagon on Monday and keep going...I was thinking of running after I got home at night from the show rather than in the mornings, we will see how that goes...

No comments: