7.18.2011

Couch to 5K week 3 Day 3

I shook things up a bit and went to my local park to run. It was already hotter than I wanted it to be when I got there, I had to drop C at the airport first. This is supposed to be a scalding hot week, so I need to be sure to get up and out early on Wednesday to run. Friday I will be in a hotel, so I can use the treadmill and enjoy the air conditioning.

Running someplace new is challenging. I loose the visual cues as to when I am almost done with an interval, so there are times where the running just seems to be a tunnel with no light at the end. But it is invigorating to make myself push through this and finally hear the postcast say that I completed an interval.

Interval 1: 90 sec: ran
Interval 2: 3 min: ran
Interval 3: 90 sec: ran 60
Interval 4: 3 min: ran 2 min

The last interval wasn't a consecutive two minutes, but I was happy that after stopping and walking I actually could get myself going again and didn't just give up.

Like I said before, another try on Wednesday and then treadmill on Friday. I think I can finish this week and go on to next week in just a few more tries.

No comments: