11.16.2009

The November Sale

What a great little show. Sales were strong, the other crafters/artisans were excellent. Wonderful people, wonderful setting. I almost wish sales were slower so I could have gotten to know my fellow artisans better- almost.

Load out was kind of a pain because the doors we loaded into were blocked by artisans on the way out so we lugged down stairs instead. We could have had the doors opened but we felt that by the time that was an option the stairs were just quicker than moving the car.

This show is invitation only, but I highly suggest if you get invited as an artisan, do it. and if you love craft and art fairs as a customer- this is one you have to track down next year. This show to me is like the Philly Folk fest- I will be here every year they invite me but because it is so small, there needs to be a high turnover of crafters to keep the public interested. It is the only way it will stay vibrant and growing.

On the way home a deer came out of nowhere and we hit it. Luckily no one was hurt (including the deer than ran off) and there was minimal damage to the car- just a crack in the bumper, and maybe one in the windshield. Overall for an encounter with a deer it wasn't as bad as I had expected. I figured the bumper would be crushed and the headlight smashed, but just a crack and deer dung to wash off. Guess we scared the poo out of the poor thing.

By the time we got home I was exhausted and sore. Took a few aspirin and watched some TV and then went to bed early after fast forwarding through the NASCAR Race. Looks like poor Mark Martin will come in second again, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Bummer, the man deserves it.

Well, got to get going. Lots to do today. Get more soap made, get bath fizzys made, get my shop cleaned up, fix up the web site some.. all the fun stuff. TTFN!

No comments: