11.09.2009

17 days and counting....

There are only 17 more days until my biggest show of the season starts: Christkindlmart. And you would think that after 5 years, I would now have to look up how to spell that, but I always do. I always try and make it a markt, not a mart :)

So last week flew by again. I had 4 days of craft shows: 2 down at WCU for a Woman's Symposium and 2 at Peddler's Village for the Apple Festival.

First the Symposium. I love doing these corporate type shows because everyone is always so friendly and warm. I hoped that the Symposium itself would have attracted more people, thus more shoppers, but I didn't do too bad. I sold to a high % of people who passed into our craft are, there just wasn't a high volume of shoppers.

The Apple Festival was very good this year. It seems to fluctuate in sales depending on the economy and weather, but this year has been one of my best in quite a few years. I didn't see some people that I usually see, but lots of new faces, so I really liked that. This show is just painful to do. You have to have ground cover, so I have to keep a rug just for this show, and you set up early, outside, so Saturday it was only 27 degrees when we arrived.

Saturday was cold, but C brought the heaters so it wasn't bad in the tent. Sunday was very nice, I actually wore too many layers of clothes and was uncomfortable for a while. Sunday sales were about 1/2 of Saturday's- but that is pretty typical. All in all, I'll be back again next year. I was thinking of leaving the show based on sales the last 2 years, but it has shown me that it can certainly be worth being there, so it gets a chance in 2010:)

Because of so many days at shows I haven't accomplished as much as I had wanted to. So I really have to push this week to get things done. I have another show this week as well, just no rest for the weary, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel:)

Off to work...

No comments: