11.15.2009

Busy Few Days...

Friday I got up and kind of goofed off. I got the house clean for C to come home, which was important as the soap had taken over the house and the living room coffee table was being used to fill sachets- so there were bags, and soap, and more bags of soap everywhere. But it made a boring job less dull by allowing me to watch some TV while doing it. I actually watched some CSI:Miami which I had actually stopped watching because I had gotten to the point I just found it funny rather than entertaining. But this season they seemed to mix it up, add some new characters, get rid of a few old ones, and generally put H on the screen much less. I may actually enjoy this show again....

Anyway, I digressed. Set up was, well, weird. Every ounce of crafter in me says that this show will be bad. It is in the middle of nowhere, it is in a barn with little parking, I saw few signs pointing it out, everything that makes me not even want to set up. But I tell dad that they have my money and I need to try and make it back, so set up we do. Well...

The barn is BEAUTIFUL inside. What a stunning place to have a show. I could not sell a thing all day and be happy to sit in that barn all day and take it in. It was a little like being in a church for me. I got to set up in a corner, which I really liked because I get to sit and look out at the whole show during the day. Dad and I got set up and I made a list of things I needed, including lights, my corner was a little dark, and we went home.

I packed up everything I needed and C got home from his business trip. The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up with him and going to bed early for some well deserved rest.

Saturday C and I arrived and set up the lighting and put out inventory. He ran and got me some paper bags and he surprised me with some chocolate and some coke. He figured I would need the caffeine if the show ended up being boring.

Which it didn't. What a nice little show. Even being in the middle of nowhere lots of people came and bought. I got to see a few friendly faces that I recognized and got to meet a lot more. It was busy just at the start of the show and didn't really slow down until 3 pm. It was a steady stream of people. Not the most attended show I have been too. But overall I was happy with my sales and the overall show seemed successful for everyone involved.

No comments: