2.09.2009

Keeping up with Excercise is Hard Work

It is hard to start and keep up with a routine. Every time I get going something pushes me back. It is so much easier to be lazy than it is to work hard. But I enjoy the working hard and I enjoy the challenge of it too.

Last week I wanted to:
Monday: 10 minutes on bike
Tuesday: 15 minutes on bike
Wednesday: 10 minutes on bike
Thursday: 15 min on bike
Friday: 20 min on bike

What I did was:
Monday: 10 min on bike
Tuesday: nothing
Wednesday: 10 min on bike + shove snow for a 1/2 hour
Thursday: nothing
Friday: nothing

What made it hard for me this week was that I went out of town on Thursday and Friday. I have to learn to not make travel and excuse for not exercising. I am going to be traveling A LOT the rest of 2009 and into 2010, so I need to get myself oriented with hotel work out rooms.

I think some of it is embarrassment. I am not working out for a long time yet and I think that if someone is in there with me they would be thinking "what is the use of 10 min on a treadmill", but to me right now, 10 minutes is all I can stand without wheezing and falling over.

I also think, although this is VERY vain of me, I need a few work out outfits. Right now I pretty much work out in my pajamas or lounge around the house clothes. I need a few sets of pants and tops that are new, clean, and fit me correctly. Maybe something I can rise out in a hotel sink and dry for the next day. I don't want to pack 7 days of work out clothes for a weeks vacation, and I also don't want to pay $5 an item to have the hotel wash them either. If anyone out there that reads this travels a lot and keeps on an exercise schedule I would love to hear your thoughts...

So anyway: This week: (It is nice out so maybe some of the indoor bike will become outdoor walks/bikes, I hope)

Monday: 15 min
Tuesday: 15 min
Wednesday: 10 min
Thursday: 15 min
Friday: 20 min

No comments: