2.17.2009

I can't show you and it's KILLING me!

I can't show you the project that I am working on.. the one that I am soooo proud of. The one with CABLES. The one with another new technique that I don't even know what to call it other than knitting with waste yarn in order to hold stitches for future use (rather than holding them on a stitch marker...

This project was made especially for me by Destiknit.. I was here muse... her inspiration... and... these are a gift... so I can't talk about them here...he/she may look...and I can't even post them up on Ravelry- the camera is taking a trip to England right now... the suspense is killing me!

But I can show you the block of the month for February. It is a heart and makes the third block in my afghan complete. Yay! I think I need to do another moss stitch block so I can alternate blocks with a pattern/theme with a moss stitch block so it isn't as busy and is bigger. Oh, and it isn't blocked, so it looks pretty wonky right now...

I can show you the 25 face scrubbers I have knit. I have to admit.. I really hate knitting these things. The pattern is simple, but putting them together (sewing them) is a pain. Good thing I only have 40 more to make in the near future...

And a poncho. I was at lunch the other day with a friend and her daughter and it struck me that the little tot would like a poncho and that I had some yarn that she would love. So I promptly knit one up. I think I'll give it to her on her birthday in a few weeks.

So since my next few big projects are gifts I won't have anything too fun to show you, but once I get done (today I am sure) with the one I am so excited about- then it is off to more scrubbers, and probably a scarf (which will be cool).

No comments: