2.12.2009

Equal Time

Balance.. that is my top goal in 2009- Balance. Balance between home and work, balance between junk food and veggies, balance between friends and family... I am sure we are all the same, everything is tugging at us and the strongest tug often wins, even if it isn't what we really want/need to be doing at that moment. Answering that tug often leaves us feeling guilty about not doing something else, or sad about not doing something else. For me balance is often not found because I have an inability to say "no thanks". But I am getting better with that.

I am sick again, doc told me to take a few days off from work, so instead I am working on the web site rather than being in the workshop. Plenty of things I can do at my desk, in my pajamas, and I can nap whenever I want.

I was asked to do a workshop for children the week my mom comes to town. It would have been every day- I said yes, but that it has to be only 1-2 days. Mom will enjoy helping with the kids, and I get some income, but we don't loose the whole vacation.

I am trying to do things in pieces rather than to sit and swallow them whole. Website- input three products a day till they are done- need to file- 30 things a day sounds like a good goal, clean the house- a room a week sounds good.

Things are taking longer to get done but I don't have as much feeling of being consumed by one thing, and if I miss a day I don't feel as far behind, and I can do a little of everything- work, personal, domestic, every day. This new plan seems to be working.

No comments: