2.26.2009

I love to Swap



I belong to Ravelry- a wonderful fiber community. A great place to post your projects, keep track of your stash, list your to do, find other artisans and just about anything else to do with fiber that you can think of.

I have been lucky enough to find a wonderful community of like minded people there. The group I belong to is called Monthly Adventures because each month it is another adventure. We swap, we have knit-a-longs, we keep each other from being blue, and enjoy each other's achievements. This month one of our swaps has to do with color. We were to research our partner's favorite colors and send them something that was inspired by those colors. My partner was from Sweden and she sent me a wonderful ball of wool yarn in my favorite- beige!

A month ago we had a knit-a-long. We were to knit a hat using yarn we got in a swap in 2008. The person running it was generous enough to send participants prizes for finishing their projects. So I got a wonderful package in the mail the other day as well:)

And lastly, I am sure you have heard about the terrible brush fires in Australia. Well artisans have come together and opened an etsy shop to help raise funds for the Red Cross. I bought a wonderful skein of yarn through the site and encourage you to look through and buy something wonderful for yourself that helps others too.

No comments: