8.01.2011

What an ugh week!

All I can say after last week is ... ugh! So glad it is over!

Wednesday started with a headache, that just lingered all day. I thought I was lucky that it didn't migrate into a migraine, but, when I woke up Thursday, I discovered that my elation was premature, and that in fact, not only was I dealing with a migraine, but some type of sinus issue. The only relief came with copious amounts of Tylenol and Benedryl, which just made me sleep and gives me the funkiest dreams. I mean seriously, I dream in bright vibrant color, and it is more like watching a TV show than having a dream.

Friday was just a comedy of errors. Got the car all packed up to head to Jammin for the Animals. Figured the show started at 5, and I only needed about an hour to set up so I was leaving about 2:30. Well due to a big accident on the major highway (78), it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get to the show (should have been 30, maybe 40 max). Once there I was very disappointed. The facility was very run down, the show seemed very disorganized. No one stopped me from driving in, asked me who I was, offered help, or anything. My head banging again, "hung over" from all the medications the day before, and just plain tired of driving, an executive decision was made and we turned around and came home. It took another hour and a half to make it there. It was the best decision I could have made, about ten minutes into the drive, it rained, hard. Set up would have been miserable.

So I hope that the show was good. I am sorry of anyone was looking for me. I just couldn't do it. The thought of staying up till 1:30 am and then heading home into God knows what traffic was just too much to take. I should have kept this weekend open anyway to rest up for Musikfest but that was just a bad scheduling move on my part.

So on other news, I haven't run in a week now. Hope to get to it tonight or tomorrow. Woke up all stuffy again, but a Benedryl took care of that. Now I am just doped up stupid. That stuff knocks me on my butt.

That;s it for today... off to make soap and bath fizzys.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

oh man! does sound like a crapola week. you made a great decision - listening to your body and evaluating the circumstances and taking a stand
good for you
i hope music fest will be much better for you
dont worry about c2 5k, you'll get back on it when you're feeling better.
rest up and recuperate and know we're behind you :D