8.22.2011

Artsquest has done well...

Today I went to get my mail from my PO Box. To my surprise, there was correspondence from ArtsQuest. To my bigger surprise along with the letter (signed by Mr. Parks himself) was a check. Albeit a small check, but a check none the less.

Because Handwerksplatz was closed on Sunday top the public (so we could clean up the carnage), we were refunded the rent we had paid for that day. Bravo!!!

In addition, I was offered the opportunity to vend my craft at one of their upcoming festivals free of charge (SteelJam, Blue Fest, or Oktoberfest). Although it is not spelled out- if I read between the lines- I see this as an apology for any money I lost in sales and in damages. This is their way of giving me an opportunity to make back some or all of my losses due to the flood. Double Bravo!!

The letter also spelled out that there are opportunities to move Handwerksplatz next year out of the flood zone, possibly to Main Street. There is certainly still lot so time to iron out the final resting site, but I LOVE the idea of moving it to Main Street and I would happily go there. It may take a year or two to iron out the move and to get people used to the change, but I would sure love to try Main Street before trying the South Side, any day!

The letter was signed by Mr. Parks and Mr. Hannon (the Events Manager) and it made me smile. It has restored my faith that the organization is retaining its humanity as it grows into a corporate behemoth. I don't know if this letter will satisfy everyone's disappointment, or taste for litigation, but I am satisfied that they have done the damage control needed to satisfy me and they have done it in a timely manner. Mr. Parks has manned up, and I have lost my desire to punch him in the nose. I would shake his hand.


No comments: