8.11.2011

Musikfest Day 6

Well maybe the tides have turned and the slump is over. Yesterday was both profitable and fun!

But the day is a blank... I am running on empty. I know there are a bunch of things I wanted to write about but right now I look at yesterday and it is all a fog.

Dad came in the evening for a few hours and I got to take a break, walk around, chat with friends for a bit.

The overall consensus is that most crafters are either down in sales, right about even, or nowhere where they wanted to be (if you are new there). Maybe there is someone hiding and making a huge profit, but most are hovering around even at best, maybe a tad bit up.

Every year is someone's best year, and sometimes it seems like it is everyone's best year. I hope someone is selling like gangbusters and I truly wish them well and am happy for them. But if that person is at this event, they sure are not sharing their glee. There are a lot of bummed people this year, and the general mood really makes it hard for me to stay happy.

So all I can say is I have AWESOME CUSTOMERS!!! Every time you stop and say something nice about my products, every time you stop just to say hello, every time you come into my empty booth just to sniff, you make me happy and often help me make sales. A full booth attracts attention, so just your presence draws other people in, and then when they hear you sing praise my way, it sells for me, it impresses them that I have fans that come back every year. Thank you!

OK, enough for today. I slept late and have to catch up on things. I can't remember yet what I planned on writing about anyway... the brain is in a fog....

No comments: