8.14.2011

Musikfest Day 8

I am behind in my blog.. and after the news of the flood, honestly, nobody (including myself) cares about or can remember what happened day 8. It is Day 9 and 10 that are interesting.

Thank you for everyone (seriously, DOZENS of people) who called or emailed to see if we were OK. I cried after every contact.

We are OK. We have a little tent damage but nothing that can't be fixed or replaced. We lost a few small wooden displays, and a chair they were swept away. The electric is ruined (cooler and fan). We got the inventory out on Saturday night but didn't have enough warning to get the tent out before Firemen came and kicked us out. We had to leave the rest to fate.

Pray for my friends who lost it all. Tent, displays, tables, everything gobbled up by the water. Nothing even left to pack. Not enough manpower or notice to get everything out, and it was lost.

But I have a rant in the makings.. this blog is called On A Soap Box and I plan on getting on mine and calling out the good and the bad. But I need some time to formulate and think and process. So tomorrow I shall type.

No comments: