8.12.2011

Musikfest Day 7

I think I can... I think I can....

Right now I totally identify with The Little Engine Who Could. I am still chugging uphill but I see the light and know that it is almost over.

I am tired, not so much physically as mentally. This morning the littlest things made me burst into tears. I had to call C to calm down, and then I skipped my morning blog and took a nap (at 8:45 am, a nap!!!!).

But yesterday was ok. I had an issue, I let a friends son hang in the booth with me for a bit. It ended up longer than either of us expected, and he got pretty antsy and I got kinda cranky. Soapy Dad had come and so the booth was very full and I felt pulled in too many directions. By dinner I had a headache and needed a bit of time away. Dad watched the booth while I ate and walked around for an hour.

We had a few hours of and then things calmed down. Dad offered to close up again tonight and I gladly took him up on the offer. I got to feed the cats, relax some, and get an extra hours sleep.

There are a few things so far this year I have noticed are different.

There seems to be less alcohol consumption going on, or at least if they are drunk they are not shopping. Kids are more unruly / unsupervised.

I have had more shaving brushes and stands destroyed this show than all year combined. In spend all day asking for kids to put them down as parents just watch, like it is a free toy.

I have less people signing up for my newsletter than past years.

I have more repeat customers than ever...it seems like fewer new customers.

I am getting old. Everyone's kids are getting tall and mature. They don't have babies anymore they have young adults. And the babies are now in elementary school or even middle. Argh!

So the days are becoming such blurs it is hard for me to think of what to say..so I am signing off and will be back tomorrow with another update.




No comments: