6.30.2010

Couch to 5K- Week 3- Day 2

Somehow I feel farther behind, yet a little ahead, all at the same time... let me see if I can explain...

First- the intervals- 5 minute warm up walk (done)- 90 second run (ran 75 seconds)- 90 second walk (done) 3 minute run (walked it) 3 minute walk (done) 90 second run (ran 70 seconds) 90 second walk (done) 3 minute run (ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute, ran 30 seconds, walked 30 seconds) 5 minute cool down walk (done).

What I can say is this: I RAN my runs. I felt like I was going faster than ever. I passed walkers and thought I looked like a runner to them. My knee felt great (will try without the brace on Friday). Before I felt like I was always going the same speed but was just bouncing more during some of it, now I felt like I was running.

Now I took a week off and I am really proud of myself because I actually started up again. I just need a few weeks to keep at it. I had a few moments where my chest was very tight and I was coughing some, but I overall feel that this weeks program is doable for me. It may take me a month to get strong enough both physically and mentally, but I think I can do it eventually.

My foal for Friday is to run...completely run, both 90 second intervals. Then I can build from there.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i think it sounds like you're doing great; i wouldnt fix what works though - if that knee brace is helping you to run without pain, i would continue to use it for a fewweeks still. just mho
good job though!