6.01.2010

Mayfair Festival of the Arts 2010

What a wonderful weekend! The weather was great except for a few showers on Friday. Dad came and helped all weekend and even opened up for me a few days- Saturday so I could be at the Woodsong Hollow Farmer's Market and Sunday so I could have lunch with C and spend some time with him.

Thank you to everyone who was patient and kind to him as he gets used to helping customers at a busy show. He really loves the feeling of community and support you all show me and showed him as well.

Sales were up 36% even though I had competition in the form of another soapmaker. Overall I thought crowds were smaller, but those who came seemed to be buying more. There were few artisans, only like 50, but the show is dedicated to having a small show full of good artisans rather than a large show full of mediocre artisans. We are all hoping that the show will grow as we do better and better each year. Both in the number of artisans as well as the number of attendees. I know I will be back next year!

No comments: