6.13.2010

IndieMade Craft Market- June 12th

Lets start with the pros...

1) there were three soapmakers and I still almost made 10x my booth fee!

2) goodie bags that are given out make for a busy opening and start to the show

3) real bathrooms

4) pretty good live music all day

5) plenty of space between booths, and booths are 10x10

6) outside, but under cover, only the worst driving, horizontal rain could impact the displays and maybe not even that

7) three new possible shows from people scouting for crafters

8) volunteers to help you load in :)

Cons:

1) one of the hardest load in/outs I have done in a LONG time. One ramp, through a building (two doors to get through), into a second building, and then all the way across the ice rink. LONG WALK... with a dolly...that is heavy...I am physically sore from the day.

2) I think the show runs a little long, it could probably end an hour earlier for sure

3) well run but not overly friendly. when I got there I had a goodie bag in my stand with water, an apple, and two granola bars, but no one came by to check on me all day or to formally introduce themselves as part of the promotion team.

4) no volunteers to help you load out

5) after about 10 loads to the car and back, a few vendors were allowed to drive into the ice rink and load directly into their vehicles. This choice was never extended to me, even after a few people who seemed related to the show commented on how many trips I had to make. I feel like I was doomed by my own preparedness, and if I didn't have such a good (or any) hand truck, I may have been able to drive in and load out much easier.

Overall thoughts:

I will apply to the December show which I am told is much more busy with foot traffic. I would do this spring show again, but only with help to load in and out. The show itself wasn't busy enough to need two people to sell, but it certainly needs two people for load out especially.

No comments: