6.20.2010

Couch to 5K- Week 3 Day 1

It was supposed to be Week 2 day 2 redux... but I had synced my IPod and forgot to e sure week two was checked to sync. so when I went to run when at my Mom's.. all I had was week 3... so I went for it...

First, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I am kinds glad I did it. It will take me a few weeks to get it, becaue the three minute run is daunting for sure.

The first interval is 90 seconds and I DID IT!!! Then I rest for 90 sec and the second interval is 3 minutes. I probably ran about 1 out of the three before I had to stop. My chest was really tight and I mostly feel it as a stabbing pain in my back and shoulder. So I walked the rest and the rest interval of 3 minutes too. The third running interval is 90 seconds again, I ran about 1 minute of it and walked till the fourth interval where I was supposed to run 3 minutes, but I ran 1, walked 1, and ran the last minute.

I figure that the whole trip including warm up and cool down was a little over 2 miles.

So far no knee pain since starting to use the brace. My right calf is a little tight and I keep trying to stretch it as ften as I can remember.

BTW.. I like the scale at my mom's better than mine at home. Not sure which one is accurate, but hers says I weight considerably less than I thought...

No comments: