6.29.2010

I'm Baaaaack

I have been gone for another week visiting my mom and C. It was some wonderful time away and probably the last I will get until at least September. Show season is really heating up and with the farm markets I am busy about 5 days each week at shows, plus the other days in the workshop.

Dad and I are trying to take Mondays and Tuesday to do non shop things. This includes paperwork, gardening, the lawn, finishing the new bathroom, and grocery shopping (just to name a few things), then Wednesday-Sunday one or both of us has farm markets, craft shows, and days making things in the workshop. Every Friday we try to make an inventory and plan of attack for the next week, and every Monday we try and rest a little in order to have enough energy for the week ahead.

Since I got back I have been doing lots of paperwork, blogging, web updates, postage, supply ordering, and picking dozens of cucumbers from the garden. When I left they were the size of my thumb, when I got back they were bigger than my hand. I made my first batch of pickles, and didn't even bother to process them because I know I will be eating them all in the next few weeks. I harvested my garlic- the largest are the size of a baseball!

The plants I purchased for the front years that I thought would run out of space in about two years have run out now and I have loads of repositioning to do out front now. I am trying to work a few hours each morning while it is still cool outside and get caught up on the yard work. It will take at least a week!

Finally, I need to get back to running. I took a week off and need to start again. It would be easier for me if I would just keep on a schedule, but every time I stop and restart I am proud of myself, I usually just stop... and don't start again. So tomorrow I try to continue with Week 3. And will try not to get discouraged!

No comments: