6.01.2010

Couch to 5k- Week 1- Day 3- redux

I DID IT!! I can go on and try week 2 now. OK, I cheated, I stopped 10 seconds early on my fifth interval. I am not proud of that, and if I knew there was only 10 seconds left I may have been able to push through. But I RAN all the intervals. My walk may have been slow at times, and my run not too fast at times either, but I did the whole work out and I feel great!

I was supposed to run yesterday, but five days on my feet at Mayfair had done me in. I was tired and sore. I tried to run after the show closed but it was starting to rain and I don't have a waterproof case for my i pod yet.

So in two days- Thursday, I will start week two. It will probably take me a few weeks to do that one as well, but right now that is the last of my cares!

I also was told about first strides by a friend who is a mentor there. They meet on the parkway on Allentown starting in August and increase their running by 10% each week, and at the end of the training program the run a 5K. I figured by August I will either be finished with or pretty far along in this program and I may join that one when it starts.

OK, I am off too shower. I am pretty gross and am dripping on the keyboard. Cheers!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are really doing great and i'm proud of you