6.04.2010

Couch to 5K- Week 2- Day 1

So Tuesday after I ran last my knees hurt. Wednesday they really hurt, and Thursday they were just sore. So I decided to run today since when I woke up they didn't hurt at all. But now I feel like I was more held back by my legs than my lungs today.

See, when I was really really little my feet stuck out like a duck. The doctors put me in shoes that looked like they were on backwards and stuck a bar between my shoes. It was supposed to being my feet where they belonged. I still tend to walk a little funny, and my legs kinda turn out a little. Then when I was in middle school I dislocated one of my knees. So I have never had really good luck with my legs. So I am thinking of going to the running store in town on Sunday and asking about knee braces or of they have any suggestions that wont cost me a mint.

Anyway, I got up really early because we have an air quality alert today starting at 9 am. I could see the haze and feel it even at 6 am when I ran. I am glad I didn't wait any longer to get out.

So today is the start of a new week. 6 intervals of 90 seconds each, with a 2 minute rest walk period between them. It starts with a 5 minute warm up and ends with a 5 minute cool down.

I walked the warm up and my knees were a little stiff. I ran both the first and second intervals, and half the third and fourth before they got truly sore. So I walked intervals 5 and 6 and most of the cool down, but I was home, so I decided to stop where I was.

I am really proud of making it the first two intervals and I feel if I can get a handle on the sore knee issue I will be able to breeze through this week faster than I expected. It may not take me 6 tries to complete it!

But the weekend is for rest. No running till Monday. And maybe some ice on my knees.

No comments: