6.17.2010

Couch to 5K- Week 2- Day 1- redux

OK, so it is my second try at week 2. I bought a knee brace and used it for the first time today and it seemed to work well. No pain.

I ran 1/2 of the first four intervals and walked through the fifth and sixth. But I can feel myself getting stronger. I am walking faster and probably running faster too. I did my usual circuit almost twice before the end of the cool down period. That is quite a bit farther than I was run/walking just a week ago. So I feel good that what I haven't gained in running stamina I seemed to have gained in overall stamina and am going more miles than before in the same amount of time.

Saturday I run when at my moms. The first hill is a bit much but that should be my warm up walk and the rest is quite flat.

I am proud of myself for going out there after the last run was such a heartbreak. I actually missed the exercise and I overall feel stronger and more healthy. I find myself being more conscious of my eating habits (especially on run days) and have lost about 5 lbs so far. I am just barely under the 170 mark now and I really believe that this is making a change in me that I have been looking for for quite a while.

No comments: