5.28.2010

Couch to 5k- Week 1- Day 2- redux

I ran to the High School and back. Uphill. Bothways... seriously...
The road I took has a long hill on it, it was my warm up walk and the first three intervals. The way down was interval four and by the end of the cool down I was turned around and on my way back up hill again until interval eight and the cool down walk.

Good news... I RAN the first FIVE intervals. I started to run the sixth but stopped after about 15 seconds and walked until interval seven began and I RAN intervals seven AND eight!! That is 7 out of 8 interval ran!!! Much better than I had hoped for! I really had to push myself at the end, and starting to feel a blister form didn't help. But I have the next two days off to recuperate and heal. Might need to put a bandage on that blister on Monday.

I woke up stuffy and with a head ache. I really had to push myself to get out of the house today, but I did it. And now I just have a headache, but not as bad as it was. I have to read about proper breathing while running, I think I can do something to do better at that.

OK, off to weed the garden and then take a shower. I am dripping all over my keyboard.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WOW! you are progressing leaps and bounds! and on hills nonetheless!
wtg!