5.09.2010

May 8-9 Downtown Bethlehem Fine Art Show

I hate to love this show. Yes, I know that doesn't exactly make sense, but I love this show- it is local, there are great artists, the location is nice, the price to be there isn't too expensive, and sales are usually pretty good.

And I hate this show... I don't think it is managed all that well and it has been windy (dangerously windy) the past few years. It really needs a location change. My vote is to move it down the hill into Historic Bethlehem kinda where Musikfest is held.

Last year the wind kept me away on Sunday. This year the wind kept me away on Sunday. This years my sales were better than last year. Two years ago, when the weather was beautiful, I had great sales. So the show has some major potential, some great history, the ability to be just wonderful. But I hate it when it is windy. And I love it when it isn't.

I will apply again next year. I will hope for better weather. Hope for that miracle. And I hope that everyone who stuck it out today did really, really well. But my gut says that I doubt it :(

No comments: