5.24.2010

Couch to 5K- Week 1- Day 3

Yep, I'm gonna need to do this first week again to get my lazy body into some kind of shape.

I ran the first two segments, the first was no problem, the second I was a little tight chested after. I made it through about 40 seconds of the third segment, 30 seconds of the fourth and 30 seconds of the fifth. 6-8 were just walking as well was the cool down.

I was pretty proud that I could even start the third segement this week, and my goal next run is to be able to finish it.

I tried using my inhaler before my workout. Doc had recommended trying it. I never have tried it before because I think my doctor is a moron. And it didn't help me either this time. I was still tight after the second interval, and by the seventh I even had a funny taste in my mouth, and kinda felt light headed for a few seconds along the way as well. This may or may not be from the medicine, but I think I will continue to not use it before the workout from now on.

It was another high humidity day- 79% and felt like 90 by the time I got out to excercise. The weather just hasn't been with me this week. I am looking forward to an early am on Wed back in PA where it will be cooler at least.

So I try again in a few days, I see a progression, very slow, but a progression. I feel a little different already in my hips and waist. Doubt that with all the good food here that I have lost any weight, but we will see when I get back to a working scale.

Running is much more mental that I thought it would be. You get to a point where you want to stop, but the thing is to push through just a little bit longer. I seem to want to stop at 45 seconds, the trick is to remind myself I am almost done and can go just a few seconds more. Some intervals I can do that, some the pain in my chest is to strong to ignore. I need to get stronger mentally as well as physically.

No comments: