5.15.2010

Bath Farmer's Market- Week 1

It was the first week at the Farmer's Market. Boy do I have a lot to learn. First, I need a smaller set up for these events. Good thing I have some new displays on the way. I need to get down to two tables, not the four that I usually use. It just takes too long to set up and tear down. I also have to set up in a way that I can get away without using the tent sides except in the most extreme weather. That shouldn't be too hard most weeks, but on bad weather days I need to put the two tables in the center and go from there.

But we got very good feed back and I love the prospect of being able to do lots of special orders. I spoke with on woman who is vegan and talked about the fact I can make any of my soaps without milk for her, and another wants a special scrub and will look up what the ingredients I need, a third wants nag champa so I need to track down my samples of that fragrance for her. These special orders really allow me to be creative and to test out and learn new things. It really is one of my favorite things to do.

Sales were stronger than I expected and although we left an hour early due to rain, it was a very good day. Dad will be there next week and the week after then I will be back for a few weeks with him. I really like this Farmer's Market stuff, I should have been doing this all along :)

No comments: