5.26.2010

Couch to 5k- Week 1- Day 1- redux

OK, so i just started my second try at doing the Week 1 work out. It is just about 20 degrees cooler here in PA than it was in PR and I really think that the temperature and humidity difference made a big difference in how successful I was today.

My goal was to finish the first three intervals- I powered through the first FOUR and 45 seconds of the FIFTH. The rest I walked. The terrain here is much more hilly than in PR and I could feel the burn on the hills. I liked having better geographic goals here too. I could estimate 60 seconds as making it to the next stop sign, or next parked car, and usually I overestimated and got to stop before I expected to. My legs twitch a little after today's work out and that is new.

I weighed myself yesterday- no change from the week before, but my legs do feel slimmer in some places so we will check again after this week. It is gonna be a slow change I think.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WTG! I'm sure the climate change made you feel much better but I bet the better results were more a result of last week's work :D
Good job!