5.15.2010

May 15- Arts Alive! Quakertown PA

UGH, what a horrid little show. OK, maybe I am over reacting. Maybe horrid isn't the right word...lets see here...bad doesn't describe it well enough, terrible doesn't fit either.. sucky.. that is it.. what a sucky little show.

So after 1 pm, about half way through the show I checked with some crafter friends- a beadweaver, a photographer, a potter, and a wood worker. All of us had either just barely made our show fee, or didn't even make that. It was across the boards a terrible sales day. I had a few sales right at the end that pulled me past my show fee, and further than I thought was possible, but by no means did I have a good day. When comparing it to the night before at the farmers market I seriously only made 50 cents more today. And it was double the amount of time.

So onto the positive....
1) the customers were great. I didn't have many, but the ones I did have were a pleasure to serve. No grumpy cutomers here for me.
2) the show promoters were not too bad. many come around to introduce themselves. They handed out a packet with information and a pen. They were easy to find and well marked (they had on certain shirts)
3) Not too many buy/sell/junk booths. most of the arts and crafts were well made and made by hand. not all, but most.

I can't say that I won't be back next year. Who knows what financial situation I will be in and I did make some profit. But to be honest, I will most likely try something else this weekend. It would hard to do worse.

No comments: