5.03.2010

May 2- Chestnut Hill Home & Garden Show

I had an average day. Sales were not as string as I had hoped them to be, and given the pricey entrance fee, honestly I expected them to be a little better. But the sales for the day were average.

The weather held off and the day was just plain hot and sticky. Unseasonably warm for this time of year. But we are in a great place, under some shade trees in front of a park which gives us some great cross breeze. It never got too windy and we didn't even bother to put the sides on the tent, which is very rare for us when there is even a hint of rain in the forecast. C was with me, which always makes a show better, and he hunted down some chicken salad for me for lunch. I drank my free coffee, and should have ordered it decaf, because I was buzzing for most of the day!

I had some very sweet repeat purchasers from previous years, and I always appreciate it when they announce themselves- "oh good, I am glad I found you, I was looking for you!" always boosts sales. Quite a few new faces too which is great.

Last year this show was rained out and delayed, I think if I can get a good two or three years of good weather my sales will increase and this will go from an average show to a really good show. I just need the repeat customers to keep on bringing in new customers and for new customers to brave the weather (heat or rain) and come on out and shop. But for now, this show is in the "try again next year" pile.

1 comment:

Flowers said...

I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. What a sweet post!