5.21.2010

Couch to 5K Week 1- Day 2

So it is not any cooler today than it was on Wednesday. 82 degrees with 76% humidity feels like 88 degrees. Given the fact that PA is currently 63 degrees I think that next week when I get home this program may be a little easier on my body.

I walked the warm up 5 minutes and ran (yes ran!!!) the first and second intervals! All 60 seconds of them. I was quite winded and my chest/back was tight so I walked through the next interval and its recovery period. Intervals 4 and 5 I ran most of (about 45 seconds each) and then I walked the rest, including the cool down period.

I certainly wasn't as red as I was on Wednesday. Bright pink, but not red. I also seem to be coming back to normal quicker today too. I feel like I could have pushed 30 seconds or so out of intervals 7 and maybe 8, but I am resigned to take this slow and I was pretty proud of my accomplishments already.

I am also trying my yoga after the work out today to see if the stretching after helps keep any soreness down. I also skipped it trying to get out of the apartment before the temperature rose any higher.

Got one more day to do this while here (Sunday) and then will most likely repeat week one again when I get home, because I doubt I will be able to run all 8 intervals on Sunday, and even if I did, I would need some more practice before going further.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!