1.06.2009

Yarny Tuesday


So far this year I have finished a shawl for a sister of a friend. It is a "prayer shawl"- the concept is that while you knit the item for a person you "pray" about them and typically their speedy recovery from an illness such as cancer.

Now I'll be honest, I am not a church going woman, but if I was to align myself with any particualr religion it would be Christian, as that is the first religion I was subjected to as a child, and the religion of my family. I do not know if what I do is considered prayer- I speak to no particular diety or saint- but I do think about the person I am knitting for, I send them warm wishes, good thoughts and hopes for a fast and pain free recovery.

I hope this shawl finds her well and keeps her warm during her treatments, and after recovery, I hope it does the same during the balmy nights to follow.

No comments: