1.16.2009

It's the ride- not the destination

I have been listening to an odd book lately (which I will review when I am done) but basically the last chapter focused around the thought that it only because of death that we contimplate life. Basically if we lived forever we would be less likely to think about our lives and what we do with them and how we do it and how to make out life meaningful.

This got me thinking. If we all have the same destination- then it is all about the ride. I mean, think- if you and another car of people were driving from LA to NYC you could go the highway and get there first, or you could go the scenic way and enjoy the countryside. Lately I have been on the highway. Do one thing, zip to another, get there as fast as I can and with a bunch of road rage inbetween. I need to get onto the scenic roads, to relax, to enjoy the view, to enjoy the ride.

I dreamt about this all alst night and woke up with a great quote around 4 am. Which I didn't get up to write down because it was too cold to get out of bed. But, when I reawoke around 6 am.. i felt refreshed, and my crink in my neck I have had all week is gone, and well, I feel a little more relaxed too. Ureka!

No comments: