1.02.2009

Happy New Year!

Well around mid-August 2008 life became a little too much for me and all I could do was hang on for the ride. Certain things (like this blog) fell off my radar while I struggled with an ongoing illness that to this day has left me physically well but emotionally drained and with little stamina. But I am back, and so is this blog- with a vengence!

So what are your 2009 New Year's resolutions? I have many, but they all mostly have to do with me getting healthy and getting my business healthy again as well.

My Plans for 2009:

1) Do a minimal amount of craft shows, but find 365 ways to build my business in other ways. I will be counting these ways here on the blog and pointing out what is working and what isn't along the way.

2) Excercise- 15 minutes of yoga a day- some stationary bike - and break out the wii fit. Not really a weight goal here (but a 12 lb loss would be nice) but more of a generally healthy feel back into my life is the overall goal. I'll do a weekly post as to what I did/ didn't do.

3) Relax: I want to knit a project a week (on average) and read a book (ok listen to an audio book while knitting) a week as well. I'll be posting these projects and a book review here too as I finish:)

4) Learn: I keep wanting to learn Spanish- I have some great books- a chapter a week is my goal to read and make cue cards for me to practice with. I also want to learn Photoshop so I am buying the software and a few tutorial books and plan on getting through them this year as well.

5) Ballance: ballance home and work- this means some deep cleaning of the house, some DIY projects such as painting and organizing, and generally finding time to spend with family and friends.

So.. my weeks will run Monday-Sunday.

I will post daily or almost daily about how I am growing the business. I will also catch up on show reviews from 2008 so I have a record of those for the future...

Every Monday I will post my excercise goals for the week, and update last weeks goals with actually what was accomplished.

Tuesdays are for yarn and books. I will update you with pics of my projects (some may even be for sale...who knows) and do any book reviews of what I have listened to.

Wednesdays are all about education. I'll let you know what I am learning- Spanish, Photoshop, or any other classes I am taking or teaching. (There are some soapmaking classes scheduled for 2009!)

Thursdays are for ballance: tips and tricks on how to ballance working from home with real life. I'll also teach you hints and tricks I learn as I do some DIY projects. You may get a few things to cook here, some cleanin naturally tips, and advice on how to keep your family from hating you are a crafter...

So join me for an awesome 2009 and I'll see you on Monday when I kick off this year!

No comments: