1.09.2009

Balance is the Spice of Life

If you leave me alone I will work, eat, sleep, and work some more. In my youth this distroyed most of my social connections. In my adulthood I try and find balance.

Currently the business is closed till the 19th- and it is KILLING me. Thoughs fly through my head, my body literally itches from the desire to go into the workshop and clean it...

But I feel after four long weeks of Christmas craft shows I deserve four or so weeks to give back to me, my family, and my friends. Last year I counted my days of work and compared them to "Joe Sixpack"- the working man. I worked 30 days less than Joe would have...but..really did I? Except for when I am out of pocket- on a cruise- in another country- even my days off I work some. I check my e-mail, I take phone orders, I knit washcloths and bath mitts. Having your own business in your home means you can't walk away from it, you see it, breathe it, and live it every day...and you feel guilty for not working...

So this week I took for me. I visited B on Tuesday. Wednesday K & M visited for a few hours. Thursday K & I went shopping and for lunch, and at night I got together with E,E, & R to sit and knit. I set up time to meet with B next week (we will be working, but it is more fun with someone else around), and hopefully A and I will get to have lunch the week after that.

My plan this year is to say "yes" to as much as I can- so see people, to socialize, to enjoy, to live.

No comments: