6.15.2011

Couch to 5K week 2- day 3

Oh crappers!

From the get go my mind was against me this morning. I laid in bed, smelling the fresh breeze from the window and I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to run, and I didn't want to weigh in, shower, or go to the nutritionist today.

But I got up. I got dressed. And I started to run. My mind fighting me all the way.

I finished intervals 1-3.

And then 4 just beats me every time. Same as usual 70/90 seconds. Just two more driveways past the stop sign, but I can't do it. My legs scream, my lungs scream, and my brain is weak and gives in to them and I slow down to a walk.

This time I got myself going again and ran interval 5 too.

But when 6 came, I let it go by and just walked it. I should have pushed myself. I learned the other day that I can do it if I want to. And now I am disappointed in myself for not even trying, for being weak.

Scale says I have lost 1/2 a pound. Whoo Hoo.. Is it really going to come off that slowly? It is going to be a long, long road and I should get ready for the battle. I am not young anymore. These things are harder to do and take more time and more resilience to set backs.

Oh well, Friday is another try, and maybe, just maybe, I can conquer interval 4.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

you're doing great! j=dont be disappointed in your performance - you got out there and did it even though you didnt wnat to !
i havent today! and i need to
back on track for today for WW but ive been off WW for 2.5 weeks and have gained back 1/2 of what i lost :P
i'm angry with myself! but let's keep at it - we can do it!