6.10.2011

Couch to 5K week 2- day 1

So I think it was a good try... I have something to build on for sure, and although I think it will take me two weeks of trying again, I do see me being able to complete this weeks intervals.

This week is:

5 minute warm up

6 intervals of 90 seconds each, with a 2 minute walking interval between them

5 minute cool down

Today:
I rocked intervals 1 & 2, ran them no problem, even with the hill in interval 2!

Interval 3: 80/90 seconds. I lacked the mental capacity to push me those last few seconds, but I know I can do this interval easy next time

Interval 4: 60/90 seconds. This is going to be my hardest interval to compete. It is all uphill and at the steepest hill in my route. I am proud that I finished even 60 of the 90 seconds, but my chest hurt, my side hurt and my leg hurt when I was done.
Finishing this interval won't be the challenge: finishing it and being able to run the rest will.

Intervals 5 & 6 I walked. I really hurt after interval 4 and my leg just throbbed. I think I could have run interval 6 or at least some of it, but I decided to rest, take it easy, and be able to run again Sunday rather that kill myself today.

So that's it: try again Sunday. My goal is to finish the first 4 intervals, even if I have to walk the rest :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"I rocked intervals 1 & 2, ran them no problem, even with the hill in interval 2!"

you go girl!!!!!!!!
and i really really love how you listen to your body. it is much better to back off and be able tocome back sunday rather than "kill" yourself.
I really am very proud of you. I avoid hills like the devil!
I didnt get back on track eating wise on monday but my "weigh-in" was wednesday and that started a new week for me and atthat point i did get back on track. I am very disappointed though because i gained back what i lost over 3 weeks injust one week :P
hoping my efforts of this week will get the scales turned back round again.
how 'bout you?
keep up the great work!