6.26.2011

Couch to 5k week 2 day 3 second try

Yep, I completed the intervals again. It wasn't a fluke, it's actually something I can do. Yay!!!!

Today I concentrated on pacing myself. Not jumping out of the gate and then being wiped out half way through. I feel as though I did really well, I only got winded at the end of the last interval. I really feel that my legs are strong, it's my lungs that don't have the stamina and are what slows me down. I can feel the asthma making it hard to breathe, but I don't get dizzy or anything bad, and I recuperate by the end of the walking intervals so I think I am still doing ok without an inhaler.

I also took a cue from a friend who is also doing the program, but is a few weeks ahead of me, and I wore a regular bra under my sports bra. Since I have been loosing some weight, my sports bras are getting a little big around, so the combination of the two felt really good and comfortable.

I had been thinking that the week three I intervals would be impossible for me, but I think I can conquer them. It may take me a few weeks again, but I know I can do it. I am amazed by my friend who can run twenty minutes at a shot without stopping, but I know if she can do it, I can too, I just need practice, and lots of it. But she inspires me to keep going.

So a daybook, and then week three. Back to my home route, back to the hills, but back to a challenge I can conquer.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It wasn't a fluke, it's actually something I can do.

roflol! of course it wasnt a fluke! and you can do it! i'm still here cheering you on. i'm proud of you. i havent done day 2 of week 6 and know i wont run next week ... :P
might make me have to do week 5 over. that's ok. step back to get a better jump right?
keep up that great work!