6.06.2011

Couch to 5K week 2- day 1 (second try)

YES! YES! YES!!! I ran all the intervals!!!

Thank you R-WIP for the motivation I needed. See, R-WIP is in France and is going through many of the same things I am, dealing with bad eating habits that are catching up with us as we age, and needing more exercise. Although we are both going after the eating portion of our lives in separate ways, we are both running the Couch to 5K programs as part of our exercise regiment.

So last week I staged a quiet rebellion against my nutritionist. I thought I could stop logging my food and still eat on schedule and eat good things. I thought I could keep myself exercising daily even if I didn't write it down. I WAS WRONG. I am not there yet. I still need accountability. I still need to write stuff down. I still need help and guidance.

So I read R-WIP's blog, and here she was, across the ocean, going through the same things. Tired of writing down food, tired of thinking about what is best to eat, tired of finding time to exercise when your life is a blur already.

So we promised to forgive ourselves for last week, and to start again fresh this week. I broke out the food journal again. I ran this morning, I am back on the wagon to better health.

So today I pushed. I ran all the intervals. It hurt, it was hard, but I did it. I will try again Wednesday, and then move on to week two. The good news is that a few times at the start, I felt like I could run longer, so maybe week two won't be so hard?? Ahh, I doubt it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

YOU GO GIRL! Thanks for motivating me and i hope i can do the same.
we CAN do this and we WILL :D !!!!!