6.19.2011

Couch to 5k week 2 day 1 second try

Well a less honest person would say that she did it, but not me. I came realty, really close.

First let me say that my nutrition ist wants me to run four days a week, not three. So according to that I was supposed to run Thursday. But I didn't feel physically recuperated from Wednesday so I didn't run. Friday I drove to my moms and planned on running when I got here, but the severe thunderstorm thwarted that idea. Saturday I had the sinus headache from he**. Running just wasn't going to happen.

So I got up today, Sunday, after three days off and ran. The road here is nice and flat, and shaded, but it crowns in the middle so I have to pay attention to the road a little more, and my right calf feels different than when I run at home, like it has worked harder.

Anyway...I ran intervals 1-3 no problem. I even ran interval 4!!! See, no hill let's me finish it. I was pretty tired at interval 5 and ran, but slow, I could have walked faster I think. And interval 6 was almost done, maybe ten seconds to go when I gave up.

So I will try again in two days, Tuesday. I know I can do this and then I can move on to week three:)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"First let me say that my nutrition ist wants me to run four days a week, not three. So according to that I was supposed to run Thursday. But I didn't feel physically recuperated from Wednesday so I didn't run. "

i say good for you. could you change out the 4th day's activity (for example yoga?)
just keep at it - you're doing great. persistance is the key to success