6.08.2011

Couch to 5K week 1 day 3 (second try)

I DID IT AGAIN!! So Wednesday wasn't just a fluke. Now I can move on to the Week 2 intervals with full confidence that I am ready for them..

However... all I can say after today's run is.. OOOOUUUCCCHHHHH!

Long Story.. See 20+ years ago I injured my right leg playing soccer. Pretty badly. Bad enough that when it wasn't healing the doctors started looking for tumors and cancers to explain why it too so long to heal. Needless to say, I am not a uge fan of doctors and I stopped going for checkups when I hit college. To this day there still is some skin discoloration (but not much anymore) and a spot the size of a half dollar that has no feeling at all.

Running in my new shoes makes it hurt. Sometimes badly. But.. the feeling seems to be slowly coming back, at least a little. I figured out today that putting too much pressure on my big toe causes it to hurt. And I learned Wednesday that getting into the shower immediately after a run and hitting it with hot water from the shower head set on massage makes the pain go away.

So I am not sure what is going on, maybe pulling away scar tissue? Maybe increased blood flow is doing something? Not sure. But as long as it doesn't hurt for long each day then I will keep running.

No comments: