5.02.2011

What great week!

It was a very busy but very rewarding week to say the least. It was filled with sadness and excitement.

Sadness about seeing something great pass by. There is this show which I shall keep unnamed, but it was small and intimate and invitation only. To keep it fresh it hardly ever had the same vendors twice- except for the artists who ran it. Unfortunately running it has become inconvenient for them and it does not seem like any of the past participants can step up and take over. I know I can't. So this will be the end of an era for a great little show that I only had the opportunity to participate in once.

But as doors close, windows open, and I have to admit right now it's pretty drafty around here with all these open windows:) I have partnered with a local Alpaca farm. Come see Y Knot Farm at the Steel Stacks Farm Market on Tuesdays and see the wonderful way she felts my soaps. Felting provides a built in soap sack/ bubble bag for each bar. It provided enhanced lather, great exfoliation, and when the bar is gone, the fiber left over is compostable. Try out this new way to experience the soap you know and love.

The soaps I donated to the Walk4MS helped raise over $200! The soaps were sold during the lunch hour at Guardian Insurance. The team sold soaps, washcloths, and raffle tickets for a large gift basket. I am so excited to see how my donation helped so much.

Dad participated in the Peddler's Village Strawberry Festival this past weekend. The weather was wonderful, and although the wet grounds made us move our tent location, it ended up being a solid weekend. We haven't participated since 2007, so we didn't know quite how good the show was anymore. This weekend gave us a great jumping off point and I think it will only grow from here.

I participated in the Chestnut Hill Home and Garden Show. It was my best day there ever. I had many, many return customers, both from last spring and from the last fall show. I plan on being back in the fall and I think that doing both shows each year is an important way to be sure all may fans are happy. I even got to be an impromptu hostess gift, as 19 of my lotion bars were purchased to be given away at a function, later that afternoon! Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

This next week is the Bethlehem Fine Art & Craft Show. I am located near the Accessories Boutique and Visitors Center. Hope to see you there!

No comments: