5.26.2011

Trying Again... Couch to 5K week 1

So I am trying this again.. I have been seeing a nutritionist for the past month. I am eating better, smaller meals, more often, and better for me food. But I haven't been exercising. So yesterday I got an ear full about how eating all the right food in the world won't help me loose weight and get more healthy.

So I am trying the Couch to 5K running program again. It was working for me last time before I used the excuse of the heat and Musikfest to keep me from running.

Today I was supposed to run 8- 60 second intervals with 90 seconds in between and a 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I walked the warm up, ran 5 intervals and then walked the rest of the intervals and the cool down. This is much better than I did the first time I started the program so I feel as though I have retained some of the stamina I built up last year. That is a good thing and makes me happy about starting again.

It was also my first time running in my new running shows and I love the Vibram Five Fingers. My legs don't hurt, my feet don't hurt and I have no blisters so far.

My goal for Saturday's run is to finish 6 intervals. Lets see how I do.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

wtg!!! i jsut started the couhc to 5 k again myself this week lol!
i had stopped bec ause of palntar fasciitis.
and like you, i feel like it's easier this go round! let's motivate each other! wtg!!!!!!!