5.30.2011

Couch to 5K week 1 day 3

Well I will have to repeat week 1 next week again.. I still can't finish the workout.

Today was hard for a few reasons...

1) I finally decided on my route. This means I will have a measurable distance that I go so I can compare/contrast my days in a more accurate manner. But this means I start out uphill. Right now it is Up/down, turn around, up down, home. The last few days I was running the path of least resistance, trying to find as much downhill and shads as I could. Now I am not...

2) It is an air quality alert day. I have some asthma, so bad air days do bother me. I tried to get out early to minimize the effects, but it was like breathing water almost right out of the door.

3) it his crazy humid out today... it rained hard about an hour before I left the house, and the quickly rising heat really made the air thick fast.

Good news is that I felt held back by my lungs, not my legs and that I can deal with my running at different times of the day and during drier weather. I really felt that if I was inside on a treadmill that I could have busted out the routine.

So what are my stats? I ran the first interval, 45/60 sec of the second. Three and Four I can, just giving up as the podcast called ti,e. Five, Six, and Seven were 30/60 seconds. And I powered through interval eight, finishing up strong.

I didn't get a stitch in my side as much as I got a sharp stabbing in my back between my shoulder blades. For me this is a typical sign of an asthma thing going on. But by the time I finished my cool down and returned home, I felt fine and normal. I just needed a little recuperation.

So I try again on Wednesday. Weather permitting I plan on walking my orders to the co-op and then running the routine on the way home. Lets see if that plan works :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

you're doing great listening to your body and stayin g motivated!
wtg!

Cdyer24 said...

Hi, I just started the c25k. I'm horribly out of shape and haven't run in forever. Are we supposed to keeping doing each day or week until we can do it right? I had to skip 2 runs on my first attempt. Do I do day 1 again?