2.16.2011

Workshop Wednesdays

Well my nose is still running, but I at least got out for my morning walk today. Now I have a monster blister, hope I can go out tomorrow.

Since I have been feeling better I have been getting lots of things done.

I have caught up reading my trade magazins that I had with me. That makes my reading pile about half as big as it was when I left. Hopefully not too many more have arrived while I have ben gone.

The web site is updated with the new soaps that will be available within the next few weeks. Got them up on the wholesale web site as well.

Worked on my taxes, started entering info into a spreadsheet, got through till April done. The rest is at home.

I researched and requested show applications. Looks like there will be at least three more new shows and we will be starting earlier this year, mid April will be the first show!

I started working on two new virtual storefronts. One is through the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild, the other is from a new site that isn't even live yet. I am helping them work out some bugs. Hopefully this computer work will make my products easier to find and order on the Internet and introduce me to some new faces. I really dislike all this computer time, but I really think it pays off in the end.

I updated the LV Food Coop web site with the new soaps avaialble. Wholesale too. There are just three more to add in once I get home and figure out when they will be ready for sale.

I wrote my first press realease, actually my first two! One for craft shows and one for retail stores, everytime I get the chance I will send them out. Hopefully a newspaper will pick up the stories and interview me. That always brings in new business. Can't wait for craft show season to start so I can experiment!

I tracked down an order that hadn't arrived, turns out it was never even sent. And I thought it was lost in transit due to all those storms!

Research: I researched a few things for special orders, some lotion, some liquid soap info, lanolin in soap, and a flea soap. Once I get home I can implement my newly found knowledge into some research and development for some new products!

And some knitting: one washcloth for every day I will be away. Just have 4 more to go this trip!

No comments: