2.09.2011

WorkShop Wednesdays

This past week I did not accomplish as much as I had wanted to. Some of it was technical glitches, some of it was just a general feeling of being burned out and tired.

Thursday I went to the dentist.. No cavities this time!! After that was a quick trip to the nearby Trader Joe's ( yes this does mean my dentistbis 45 minutes away, hey I like him, so why change??) and the Asian and Iinternational foor dmarket. It was there i finally found octopus for a salad i just love to eat. Pulpo de Gallega. It is octopus in an olive oil and paprika sauce. I can get it in PR but it seriously is $40 a lb at the deli. I can make it for about $5 a lb. Still not inexpensive, and very labor intensive, but worth it to me:)

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we made soap. Got the Ocean Tides and Rejuvenation are done. Just three more to go and I should have enough stock to get me through Musikfest. Then it will be a mad dash to make more. Also have a special order of Dragonsblood to make once I get back.

Only my luck will have it that as soon as the printer toner shows up, the computer will die. Well, not the computer, but the routing switch. Nothing got printed until C came home and fixed it on Saturday. I left lip balms to label for dad and some newsletters to mail as well. Last week before I left I at least got the email newsletter out and was totally caught up on orders before going. Also left dad with one batch of soap to make, and some lotion bars to shrink wrap. Other than that, he just needs to drop of orders at the coop on Wednesday's and he is done. Easy two weeks for him too. Hope it give him time to regenerate his juices the way I am these next two weeks.

So far I have had the opportunity to get one month of tax paperwork gone through, filed, and into a spreadsheet. Glad I have started this year out right. Last year I was just so lazy when it came to doing paperwork and book keeping. I am hating all this catch up.

I arrived with the sniffles and am fighting off a cold. Not fun at all. But using the down time to catch up on stuff. Will do another month of tax info today.

Not much else, just a slow week of book keeping and show research, paperwork and product research.

No comments: