2.28.2011

Fiber Fridays

So I started a new project. A shrug. The yarn has been in my stash forever just itching to be something cool. But my new obsession means that I have left all other projects lamely in the dust. This includes a wrap, a sweater, a blanket, socks, and fingerless gloves. Once I finish this wrap it is going to be my full on intention to finish these projects sitting about- especially the blanket that is going on year three! And yes, that means if I have to remove the one side of finished edging, then so be it. If I cant get the other three sides done, remove the side I have done and do another boarder. Maybe I can get someone to crochet a nice edge in exchange for some soap and call it a day! I think there is something about 16 feet of cable that isn't appealing to me. Too much repetition I think. Or maybe I just need to get back in the grove and I will knock it right out... hmmmm... gotta see...

I set up a new area to knit in in my bedroom. Added a chair and a lamp and a footstool in an area next to the bed. So now I can watch Netflix on the TV, in peace and quiet, and not worry about being loud while dad is trying to sleep, or trying to prop myself up in bed with a million pillows, or fighting with the cats who want in my lap (well that may still happen). There are a few quirks. I need a pillow or two, a place for my yarn so it stops rolling under the bed, and a stash area for scissors and such. Then it will be perfect.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

yay for new crafting area! i did the same recently - reorganizing stuff and getting a little nook for myself. love it!