8.09.2006

Monday August 7 and Tuesday August 8- Musikfest Days 4 & 5

I really must remember to do more shows next year before Musikfest. This is just painful when you are out of practice….I wonder, is it bad that I am eating cookies for breakfast? Are they really any worse than the Lucky Charms I would have had if I was eating cereal?.....If there is such a thing as Crafter Hell, is Martha Stewart the caretaker of the place, or is it run by ArtsQuest? (this has been a debate the last few days)… Besides calling them Lotion Bars, and having the directions on the container, how much more can I do to explain to people that they are a solid moisturizing bar- like lotion- but solid- in bar form…..Why, although I am so tired, did I stay up an extra 45 minutes to watch Rock Star: Supernova, when we all know Delanna (sp?) is going to win…Why do I bother getting to the booth early to set up, when my first sale is never before 2 pm?...My best friend is getting out of the Army next week. While she was in, at least I could rationalize my tax dollars going for her salary, and helping to feed my goddaughter. What now?....

OK… I digressed enough, on to the show.

Since I didn’t blog Monday I’ll do it here (because although its only a little over a day ago, who can really remember it?). I have been told by a reliable source that Monday’s attendance was the lowest they had in 4 years. My sales showed it. (Although they were better than Sunday, so what does that say?). There was a chance of rain and thunderstorms all day, so I liked to use that as an excuse for people not to come out. So B And I got to chat all day. And really, that’s all I really remember.

Tuesday… I got a chance to read a few of my magazines that I am behind on, and started formulating a plan for 2007 already. Scary ehh? I have recently equated my life much like a roller coaster. January is when you get in the ride vehicle and you are a little scared, but mostly excited, are spending most of your time chatting aimlessly with your friends. February is when the brakes come off and you start your ascent, hearing the track click away as you start up the first hill. March and April you come to the top and are anticipating the big drop. May and June is a trick, when you only plummet down a little ways, just to be hauled back up and ever greater, steeper incline. By the end of July you are at the highest point of the ride, scared for your life, and the beginning of August is when you plummet, stomach in your throat. September through December you just hold on for the ride, all its twists and turns.. and a week before Christmast the ride comes into a stop in the station. The feeling of being on solid ground, and the oppressive tightness of the harness being released is a prayer that has been answered. But before you even get out of the building you want to ride again, and Christmas through New Years is waiting in the queue line for the car in the front row.

Oh, the show… I did better than I expected. Weather was nice, but a little windy during the afternoon. Nothing of any serious interest to report….

1 comment:

David said...

You some sort of expert on roller coasters?