8.10.2006

August 9, 2006 Musikfest Day 6

Once I got home last night and counted my sales, I was pleasantly surprised. Although all evening I had this overwhelming feeling that I just wanted to go home and I just wanted everyone to go away. But the day was uneventful except for two things to make note of:

1) A great T shirt: “Sarcasm is your body’s natural defense against stupid” This is often my experience down pat. It can be at home, at work, or at play, I tend to be the most sarcastic when I am dealing with the most stupid. I hate stupid people. Not the developmentally challenged- but people who have a perfectly good brain in working order, and have made a choice to not use it to its fullest potential. I especially hate watching young girls that have already been conditioned into a Barbie mentality- that they can’t think for themselves, or make their own decisions.. It’s fine to be indecisive (I often am), but indecision, and the lack of an ability to make a decision are two completely different things
2) I was paid the highest complement I have ever been paid. A woman came into the stand and bough bath fizzys. She explained how she buys them for her mother for Christmas every year, and how her mother has come to expect them. She also explained how they store the fizzys in with all the other Christmas gifts, so that everything smells nice by the time its wrapped for the holiday. But at the end of the transaction she thanked me “for the tradition”. Wow, those are the moments I live for. I’ll at least give a few minutes of thought this holiday to that family and to that mother, and how my little bath fizzys have brought her joy that day.

No comments: